▪ He accepted the honor with humility. ▪ The ordeal taught her humility. (su khiem ton, khiem nhuong)
I enter God’s presence with reverence and humility
formal : honor or respect that is felt for or shown to (someone or something) [noncount] ▪ Her poems are treated with reverence
by other poets. — often + for ▪ a feeling of reverence for tradition [singular] ▪ Their religion has/shows a deep reverence for nature. (ton kinh, sung kinh)
concrete (adj): specific
concrete example: It’s helpful to have concrete examples of how words are used in context.
We ask God for what we desire in a simple, concrete way.
intimate (adj): than mat, than tinh
[more intimate; most intimate] 1 : having a very close relationship : very warm and friendly
intimate relationship with God
intimate thoughts/feelings ▪ intimate secrets ▪ sharing an intimate moment ▪ an intimate conversation (buoi noi chuyen than mat, than tinh)
It stresses the humanity of Jesus: (so it means as ‘nhan tinh’)
Away from God
– Looked in to my view
– Quick to judge
– Rigidity: not easily changed
– moralise: xet doan, usually disapproving : to express beliefs about what is good behavior and what is bad behavior
– self–centered: ich ky [more self–centered; most self–centered] disapproving : too interested in yourself and not caring about the needs or feelings of other people : selfish
– Impatience with process <> Trusting in process
– Discouragement: su chan nan
– Cynicism: xet doan, che bai (a person who has negative opinions about other people and about the things people do )
– Exaggeration: thai qua
– Fear, anxiety
– Absolutes: co chap
– Rejecting differences
– Open to growth and change
– Taking time to listen and reflect (suy xet, suy niem)
Students may get discouraged by activities that are too advanced
if you set up your goal to study higher than your performance, you may get discouraged
Discouragement(n): = despair (n) su chan nan = noi that vong, noi tuyet vong
She expressed discouragement over the difficulty of finding a good job.
The team’s losses (Doi thua) have left fans with a feeling of discouragement.
His despair nearly drove him mad
immerse … in ….
eg. immerse them in the abyss of my mercy
bring fainting souls to the the spring of My mercy
discernment of spirits(n): the ability to see and understand people, things, or stituations clearly and intelligently
examen of consciousness : an examination of conscience, usually made daily by Jesuits and others
Imaginative Contemplation: spiritual meditation esp (in Christian religious practice) concentration of the mind and soul upon God chiem ngam = meditation